"The whole point is Jesus is totally inclusive,"

Catholic parish starts religious ed for autistic - washingtonpost.com

No, it is not, rather St Mark 10

13 And they brought to him young children, that he might touch them. And the disciples rebuked them that brought them.
14 Whom when Jesus saw, he was much displeased, and saith to them: Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not; for of such is the kingdom of God.
15 Amen I say to you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, shall not enter into it. 16 And embracing them, and laying his hands upon them, he blessed them.
17 And when he was gone forth into the way, a certain man running up and kneeling before him, asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may receive life everlasting?
18 And Jesus said to him, Why callest thou me good? None is good but one, that is God.

I once, a long time ago, said to a traditionalist Catholic that I was impressed with special Masses in the Novus Ordo for the disabled because of their simplicity and flexibility. He said, "You would deny them the greatest thing this side of Heaven". To which there is no answer.

Indeed, the son of one of my friends who is autistic asked to be received into the Catholic Church shortly after coming into residence in a Catholic care home. He knew the fact which all the clever people in the world make excuses to avoid- the unique salvific role of the Church which Christ founded.

The best day of my life was spent in a special needs school - I could see the face of Christ on each and every one of the children.

A learned despiser of Cathcon once said that I was "autistic" because I would not listen. Untrue, because austistic childen listen and have difficulty in responding, to them the world being a closed circle, but like the early Christians, for whom "Christian" was a pejorative, it is a charge I gladly accept.

If ever there was a proof that great good can come out of what seems profound evil, the next Prime Minister of the United Kingdom will be on a mission to ensure that society thinks first of and acts for its must vulnerable, whether at the beginning or the end of their lives or even during.

Comments