Feast of the Holy Sepulchre


 In the Latin Church the second Sunday is called from its Gospel the Sunday of the Good Shepherd and from the Introit "Misericordias Domini"; in many dioceses (Seville, Capuchins) it is called the feast of Our Lady Mother of the Good Shepherd (d. 2nd cl.); 

 THE Good Shepherd is risen 

 The introit for the Gospel- Ego Sum Pastor Bonus
   

The Gospel
  


John 10 [11] I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep. [John 10:11] [Latin] [12] But the hireling, and he that is not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and flieth: and the wolf catcheth, and scattereth the sheep: [13] And the hireling flieth, because he is a hireling: and he hath no care for the sheep. [14] I am the good shepherd; and I know mine, and mine know me. [15] As the Father knoweth me, and I know the Father: and I lay down my life for my sheep. [16] And other sheep I have, that are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold and one shepherd [11] ego sum pastor bonus bonus pastor animam suam dat pro ovibus [John 10:11] [English] [12] mercennarius et qui non est pastor cuius non sunt oves propriae videt lupum venientem et dimittit oves et fugit et lupus rapit et dispergit oves [13] mercennarius autem fugit quia mercennarius est et non pertinet ad eum de ovibus [14] ego sum pastor bonus et cognosco meas et cognoscunt me meae [15] sicut novit me Pater et ego agnosco Patrem et animam meam pono pro ovibus [16] et alias oves habeo quae non sunt ex hoc ovili et illas oportet me adducere et vocem meam audient et fiet unum ovile unus pastor 

The whole of the Mass here.  See my earlier blogs today on the complete failure of pastoral care in the Dutch church since the Council.   They were so proud that they produced the Dutch Catechism but they have passed the faith onto few and abused many within the flock entrusted to them.

At Jerusalem and in the churches of the Franciscans (and Passionists who St Paul of the Cross modeled on the Franciscans) it is called the feast of the Holy Sepulchre of Christ;


This place was sanctified by the Blood of Christ
 
This was filmed on July 15, the anniversary of the dedication of the Holy Sepulchre
in the Greek Church it is called ion myrophoron (Sunday of the women who brought ointments to the sepulchre of Christ)


; the Armenians celebrate on this Sunday the dedication of the first Christian church on Mount Sion, the Church of the Most Holy Saviour and also the location of the house of Caiaphas, where Jesus was abused by the Roman soldiers.



Long film about Armenians in Jerusalem-  if I should forget you, O Jerusalem, let my tongue cleave to the roof of  my mouth.



And finally, in England, this Sunday was kept, prior to the liturgical reforms of Pope St Pius X as the Feast of the Blessed Martyrs of the College of Douai.

Comments